Renew your loans
You can renew your loans online by clicking the "myRecord" in the Library homepage and sign in to your Library account.
- An item may be renewed any number of times from the date of the initial check-out until the due date reaches the limit of the maximum renewal period, if it is not requested by other users.
- If the renewal is accepted, the new due date will be shown on screen.
- Overdue items may also be renewed and fines still need to be paid when items are returned.
- Reserve items, Closed Reserve items, AV items on 3-hour loan and 3-day loan cannot be renewed.
|Loan item||Loan period||
Maximum renewal period *
|Books (except Reserve books and other short-loan items)||1 term #||N/A ^|
|28 days||84 days|
|HKALL books||15 days||45 days|
|30 days||90 days|
|AV items (General movies & other AV items)||7 days||21 days|
* Loans cannot be renewed to a date beyond the expiry date of a user’s Borrower's Card, Student and Staff Identity Card.
# Due for return one week before a new semester starts. All loans are subject to recall. Late returns are liable to fines.
^ Renewal of term loan items is available 1 month before the term loan due date if no requests or recall on the items. Due date of successful renewals would be the next term loan due date.
Request a checked out item
You can only request those items on loan to another user. However, items from Reserve Books Collection, AV Reserve, AV items on 3-hour loan and 3-day loan cannot be requested. Items can be requested online using the following procedure:
- Once you find the desired item in the OneSearch click "SIGN IN" on the top right corner of the screen.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to sign in your library account.
- Click "Request" under "Options" of a checked out book.
- Click "REQUEST" to confirm.
- You will be notified by email when the requested item is ready for pick-up. Please check your email account regularly.
If you have any questions or problems, please stop by the Loan & Return Counter, or call 2766-6864 during Library hours.