Renew your loans
You can renew your loans online by clicking the "myRecord" in the Library homepage and sign in to your Library account.
- An item may be renewed any number of times from the date of the initial check-out until the due date reaches the limit of the maximum renewal period, if it is not requested by other users.
- If the renewal is accepted, the new due date will be shown on screen.
- Overdue books may also be renewed and fines still need to be paid when books are returned.
- Reserve books, Closed Reserve items, and AV items on 3-day loan cannot be renewed.
|Loan item||Loan period||
Maximum renewal period *
|Books (except Reserve books and other short-loan items)||1 term #||N/A ^|
|28 days||84 days|
|HKALL books||15 days||45 days|
|30 days||90 days|
|AV items (General movies & other AV items)||7 days||21 days|
* Loans cannot be renewed to a date beyond the expiry date of a user’s Borrower's Card, Student and Staff Identity Card.
# Due for return one week before a new semester starts. All loans are subject to recall. Late returns are liable to fines.
^ Renewal of term loan items is available 1 month before the term loan due date if no requests or recall on the items. Due date of successful renewals would be the next term loan due date.
Request a checked out item
You can only request those items on loan to another user. However, items from Reserve Books Collection cannot be requested. Items can be requested online using the following procedure:
- Once you find the desired item in the OneSearch click "SIGN IN" on the top right corner of the screen.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to sign in your library account.
- Click "Request" under "Options" of a checked out book.
- Click "REQUEST" to confirm.
- You will be notified by email when the requested item is ready for pick-up. Please check your email account regularly.
If you have any questions or problems, please stop by the Loan & Return Counter, or call 2766-6864 during Library hours.