PolyU Network Identity (NetID) and NetPassword is required in order to identify yourself with the Library System to use the following services.
- View your Circulation Record
- Book Renewal
- Book Request
- Book Recommendation
- iBooking System
- Public PC workstation
- Interlibrary Loan Request (for eligible users)
- Off-campus Access to E-resources (for eligible users)
- PolyU Institutional Research Archive Online Submission (for eligible users)
PolyU students and staff must use your PolyU NetID and NetPassword registered at PolyU Secure ID Portal.
Create PolyU NetID: https://idportal.polyu.edu.hk/menu-registration.jsp
Forgotten Password: https://idportal.polyu.edu.hk/menu-forgottenpassword.jsp
Change NetPassword: https://idportal.polyu.edu.hk/menu-management.jsp
FAQ of PolyU NetID: https://www.polyu.edu.hk/its/pusecure/faq.php
For CPCE(HKCC/SPEED) students, your login ID would be the same as your student number, for login to Library Public PCs, you will need to type CPCE_ID@student.cpce.hk where CPCE_ID is your CPCE ID. Please make sure your user account and password is correct, in case of doubt, please contact CPCE ITU for account problems.
For CPCE(HKCC/SPEED) visitors, please login our public PCs with CPCE_ID@staff.cpce.hk as username where CPCE_ID is your CPCE staff ID.
For students graduated in and after 2011, your Alumni NetID is the same as your PolyU Connect NetID while studying at PolyU. No additional registration is required.
For students graduated before 2011, you must register yourself for an Alunmi NetID by filling in the PolyU Alumni NetID Online Registration Form.
Should you have any problem in creating Alumni NetID, please contact PolyU Alumni Affairs and Development Office at (852) 2766 4102 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Change Alumni NetPassword: https://idportal.polyu.edu.hk/menu-management.jsp (Click and select “Manage My NetID and NetPassword” option)
*Forgotten Alumni NetPassword: https://idportal.polyu.edu.hk/menu-forgottenpassword.jsp (Click & select “Forgotten NetPassword” option)
*The reset code will be sent to your personal email address. If you have not registered the personal email address, please contact ITS hotline 27665900 or email to email@example.com.
FAQ of Alumni NetID: https://www.polyu.edu.hk/its/pusecure/iam_newAlumni_faq.php
For JULAC Library Card Holders & PolyU Library Card Holders with Borrowing Privilege
JULAC Library Card Holders and PolyU Library Card Holders with borrowing privilege will receive an email as below with instruction on activation of your Library NetID.
Please follow steps below to activate your Library NetID and setup a NetPassword.
- Go to the online Library Patron NetID Activation System and enter your NetID and Surname as shown in the email.
- Tick the “I’m not a robot” checkbox.
- Select the appropriate images according to the instruction and click the [Verify] button.
- After clicking the [Activate] button, an email containing a security code will be sent to you immediately.
- Copy and paste the security code shown in the email onto the activation form. Please note not to copy any space before or after the security code.
- Click the [Check Code] button.
- Lastly, create your NetPassword.
Activate Library Patron NetID: https://idportal.polyu.edu.hk/manage-lib-patron/public/activate/
Forgotten Library Patron NetPassword: https://idportal.polyu.edu.hk/menu-forgottenpassword.jsp (Click & select “Forgotten NetPassword” option)
For Visiting scholar/staff, please register your staff NetID and provide the NetID to Loan & Return Counter (P/F) or Technical Support Desk (4/F) for further setup.