READ@PolyU is the campus-wide reading programme of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Our vision is to build an empathetic, creative, and courageous community of learners and global citizens for whom reading is a source of knowledge and creativity. The Programme was launched in 2011 to promote a love of reading, and to date remains the only one of its kind in Hong Kong. Each year, students are invited to pick up a free copy of the common book and join a Book Chat Group to launch a new year of reading.
Our mission To promote a reading culture at PolyU via a campus-wide reading programme.
Our vision To build an empathetic, imaginative, and courageous community of learners and global citizens for whom reading is a source of knowledge and creativity.
- Facilitate the adoption of a personal reading practice and identification as a reader.
- Amplify the role of reading on campus, by starting a conversation on reading and inviting the whole campus to join in.
- Enhance the campus experience and international ambience for PolyU students, by creating opportunities for meaningful, cross-cultural dialogues in the context of reading.
-The Programme Committee-
|LIB||Dr Shirley Chiu-wing WONG, University Librarian (Co-chair)|
|ELC||Dr Jane ROBBINS, Interim Director of English Language Centre|
|Faculty / Department Members|
|APSS||Dr CHAN Kun-sun, Teaching Fellow|
|APSS||Dr Zoe XIAO, Instructor|
|BME||Dr ZHAO Xin, Associate Professor|
|LSGI||Sr. Prof. WONG Man-sing, Charles, Associate Dean (FCE) and Professor|
|ELC||Ms Sannie TANG, Language Instructor|
|LIB||Ms Ann AU, Associate Librarian, Administration|
|LIB||Mr William HO, Head of User Experience and Outreach (Programme Secretary)|
|MM||Dr Robert WRIGHT, Associate Professor|
|SD||Mr Kam Fai CHAN, Instructor|
|FS||Dr Chartia CHEUNG, Teaching Fellow|
|SHTM||Dr Mimi LI, Associate Professor|
|SFT||Dr Carrie WONG, Teaching Fellow|
|RS||Ms CHEUNG Kin Yi, Kylie|
|BRE||Ms WONG Sze Lam, Connie|
Terms of Reference
- The Committee facilitates the planning and development of READ@PolyU.
- The Committee is led by our academic community, with representatives from each School/Faculty playing an active role in the programme development, while the Library plays a central role in coordinating and managing the programme.
- The Committee makes recommendations to the University on policy and funding issues on the implementation of the programme.
Last updated July 2021