For supporting users' collaborative and individual study in the Library, a number of notebook PCs, MacBooks and iPads are provided for short term loan to PolyU staff and students.
Equipment for Loan
|Notebook PC (with MS Office) - 20 units|| View Details|
|Notebook PC (with MS Office and Adobe Master Collection) - 5 units|| View Details|
|Apple MacBook Air - 5 units|| View Details|
|Apple iPad Pro with Pencil - 8 Units||View Details|
Current PolyU students, faculty and staff with a Library account in good standing
Notebook & Tablet Self-Service Kiosk near 4/F Technical Support Desk.
How to borrow:
Check out with the Self-service Kiosk. For instruction, please see below:
- Equipment is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The equipment must be used inside the Library only.
- Up to 5 hours or one hour before the Library closes, whichever is earlier.
- The overdue charge is HK$10 per hour.
- No advance booking, renewals or overnight loan.
- Only one notebook computer or tablet will be checked out per person.
- All equipment and its peripherals must be returned in person to the 4/F Technical Support Desk
- Users must inspect the equipment with a Library Staff to ensure that the equipment is in good working order.
- They should allow 10 minutes for the procedure.
- Any problems with the hardware or software should be reported immediately to the Library Staff.
- Never return the equipment and the accessories to the Library Book Drop.
Technical Support Desk, 4/F (Tel: 2766-6909)