1. Requests from Faculty members
The Library can arrange customized workshops for classes with specific research needs. We also support individual PolyU departments by conducting tailor-made workshops on increasing research visibility, managing author profiles, etc. The workshop can be conducted in face-to-face or online mode. Faculty members are welcome to fill in a workshop request form to make an appointment with your Faculty Librarian at least 2 weeks in advance. For urgent assistance, you may contact your Faculty Librarian directly.
2. Requests from PolyU students
Library offers workshops on different topics each semester to PolyU staff and students so as to sharpen their research skills in locating, evaluating, managing and reusing information. Workshops currently available can be viewed here.
Apart from topical workshops, Faculty Librarians can arrange a tailored face-to-face or online session on specific topics upon request. Please submit a request via this online form at least 2 weeks in advance. Your Faculty Librarian will contact you to discuss workshop content coverage and other arrangements once the request is received.
Some possible topics that can be covered in tailor-made workshops include:
- Defining the information need, types of information sources and their use
- Searching for subject and discipline-specific resources
- Accessing and evaluating information within a discipline
- Managing the research process and search strategies development
- Citation management and the use of relevant tool (e.g. Endnote)