1. Request by Faculty members
Upon request by faculty staff, we are available to provide customized workshops on strategic use of library resources and introduce students to library research in a specific discipline or course assignment. To allow time for us to prepare customized workshop content, please make advance arrangement with your Faculty Librarian or fill in the workshop request form.
2. Request by students
The Library regularly offers various topical workshops such as:
- Accessing E-Book & E-journal Collections of the PolyU Library
- Online Tools for Assignment Writing
- Citing References & Avoiding Plagiarism
- Basics of Using RefWorks to Handle References and Bibliographies
Depending on the number of students, we may arrange an Information Consultancy Session or a Library Workshop on your specified topics upon your request. You may submit your request via the Request Library Workshop Online Application.
Content may include one or more of the following:
- Defining a research need, types of information sources and their use
- Subject and discipline-specific resources
- Accessing and evaluating information within a discipline
- Managing the research process, search strategies development and keep track of important materials
- Use of reference management tools
- Information ethics, avoiding plagiarism and be a responsible researcher
As certain amount of time will be required for preparing such classes, please submit your request 5 working days (excluding Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays) before your desired meeting date. After receiving your request, our Faculty Librarians will contact you to further discuss content coverage and other arrangements.