What is EndNote?
EndNote is a widely used reference management tool to help you collect, organize, and share your references. The user interface is highly customizable according to different needs. EndNote also lets you effortlessly insert in-text citations and format end of paper bibliographies for your research paper, thus improving your efficiency in writing academic paper or report.
What's new in EndNote 21?
- Organize your references using Tags
- Enhanced restoration and recovery options
- Cite While You Write (CWYW) compatibility with Google Docs.
- Exclusive access to the new EndNote Web
More on how EndNote 21 compares with previous versions here.
- Maintain a large number of references for your dissertations or research projects
- Organize and manage references
- Create and format in-text citations and bibliographies in various citation styles instantly
- Import citations from databases, library catalogues, websites and more
- Search databases like Web of Science, PubMed and others within EndNote
- Find full text for references in your EndNote library
- PDF management and annotation
- Collaborate with other researchers
- Work on your references anytime, anywhere
What Reference Management Tools are available at the Library?
Besides EndNote, all computers in the Library are pre-installed with Mendeley and Zotero, which are easy-to-use free software.
Training and Support
|- EndNote 21:||Library EndNote Guide* | Online Course* | User Guide | In-depth Training | Video|
|- EndNote 20:||Library EndNote Guide | Online Course | User Guide | In-depth Training | Video|
|- Mendeley:||Library Mendeley Guide | User Guide | In-depth Training | Video|
|- Zotero:||Library Zotero Guide | User Guide | In-depth Training | Video|
Which tool is right for you?
Get started by reviewing their core features below, or study the comparison table here.
- Unlimited storage (depends on the storage size of your computer)
- Use the built-in bibliography maker to create and format citations in 6,000+ styles
- View and annotate PDFs
- Easily customizable citation output styles
- Share your references with up to 100 EndNote users
- Work seamlessly with citation databases like Web of Science and Scopus: When you import references from citation databases, your references will automatically display their Times Cited Count and a link to Related Records
- Download and install EndNote on your own computer
- Free software
- Create public or private groups and share documents with your research team instantly
- Add note, highlight or summary to a group document in real-time
- Free open source software
- The only research tool that automatically senses content in your web browser
- Automatically sync your data across as many devices as you choose