PolyU staff and students can print from their personal notebook PCs via Wi-Fi to black and white printers located on all floors of the Library. Users must log into PolyU Wireless Network (PolyUWLAN) with their PolyU NetIDs to use this service.
Printer Names & Drivers
To print wirelessly from your notebook, please find the name of the printer you would like to print from according to its location in the Library, and install the corresponding printer driver. Due to changes in the printer models on P/F and 3/F, installations prior to August 2015 will need to be replaced with updated drivers found below.
|Location||Printer name||Color / B&W||Notebook printing||Mobile printing|
|Windows notebook PC||MacBooks||iPhone/Android|
|Printer driver Installation||Install all 21 printers drivers with 21-in-1-printer-program||Install 2 printer drivers with 2-in-1-printer-program||
Install individual printer driver by following
Install printer app by referring to Mobile Printing webpage
|Room L505 (5/F)||L505A||B&W|||||||
|Room L501 (5/F)||L501A||B&W|||||||
|Room L404 (4/F)||L404A||B&W|||||||
|Room L401 (4/F)||L401A||B&W|||||||
|L303R||Color||Not providing notebook printing nor mobile printing.|
(3/F, Research Enhancement Centre)
|L301C||Color||Not providing notebook printing nor mobile printing.|
Room L203 (P/F)
|Room L115 (1/F)||L115A||B&W|||||||
|Room L114 (1/F)||L114A||B&W|||||||
|Room L019 (G/F)
|Room L010 (G/F)||L010A||B&W|||||
|Room L003 (G/F)||L003A||B&W|||||||
Room L001 (24-hour Study Centre)
Notebook PCs with Windows OS
- Download the driver program listed above to your notebook.
- Double click to start installation.
- The printer driver has been modified by printer supplier to simplify the installation procedure. Just press "Install this driver software anyway" when you see the following dialog box.
- Installation will be completed in a few minutes and all the above Library printers will be added to your notebook in one go.
MacBooks - 2-in-1 Printer Program
- Download the 2-in-1 printer driver program to your MacBook's downloads folder.
- Open the downloaded “notebook-printing-mac-v4.dmg” file and double-click the icon to install the printer drivers.
- Installation will be completed in a few seconds and all five Library printers listed above will be added to your MacBook in one go.
- Note: If you have problem in installing the drivers, you may change the system settings to allow applications downloaded from anywhere.
System Preference > Security & Privacy > General > Allow applications downloaded from: > Click (*) Anywhere
- Please remember to change back your setting after the printer driver installation to allow apps downloaded from Mac App Store and identified developers.
MacBooks - Manual Installation of Printer Drivers
- Please follow the instructions in "Macintosh Printer Driver Installation Manual".
For enquiries or assistance, please contact the Technical Support Desk in Research Enhancement Centre (3/F) in person or by phone at 2766-6909.