The Library provides a range of different study environments to reflect our users’ different learning needs. Below are areas inside the Library which have been designated as quiet or discussion areas.
Quiet Study Areas
Quiet, individual study spaces are available on all floors.
[Learning Labs and Seminar Room (3/F South Wing) may be reserved for Library Workshops. Click here for their availability.]
Research carrels are available on 3/F for users requiring privacy for research or self-study. Eligible users may reserve the carrels via iBooking.
For more information on eligibility, reservation, loan period, check-in and check-out procedures, and rules of using the research carrels, please click here.
Group Discussion Areas
To support collaborative study, the Library provides the following areas with appropriate and flexible furniture for group discussions. Users are reminded not to create excessive noise in these areas during their discussions.
- 24-Hour Study Centre (G/F)
- Group Study Zone 1 & Group Study Zone 2 (G/F)
[Connect Place (in Group Study Zone 1, G/F) may be reserved for Library workshops. Click here for its availability.]
- Multipurpose Hall (P/F) – for quiet discussion only
- i-Space (North Wing, 4/F)
The following are available for reservation one day in advance via the iBooking System for use during Library opening hours:
- Project Rooms (in G/F 24-hour Study Centre* and G/F Group Study Zone 1) [Details]
* After Library closes, project rooms in the 24-hour Study Centre are available on first-come-first-served basis.
- Group Viewing Rooms (in 3/F Multimedia Commons) [Details]