Loan Period, Quota and Fines
|Material Type||Loan Period||Loan Quota||Maximum
|28 days||30||84 days*||$2/day||10 (including PolyU books and AV items (7-day loan))|
HKALL Books +
|15 days||15 (quota includes both loans and holds at any one time)||45 days*|
AV Items #
|Hourly loan AV items including Reserve AV items (3 hours)||5||Nil||$2/hour|
|Popular Movies & drama series (3 days)||Nil||$5/day|
|Other AV items (7 days)||21 days*|
|24 hours / 7 days||4||Nil||Hourly loans: $2/hour;
|i-Space digital equipment||Please click here for details.|
+ HKALL books are for use by current PolyU staff and students on all programmes leading to PolyU awards only.
# Some AV items have been restricted for in-house use only due to very high user demand, copyright restrictions, technical limitations or at the request of teaching staff.
* Items may be renewed any number of times from the date of the initial check-out until the due date reaches the limit of the “maximum renewal” period, if the item is not recalled or requested by another user. Late returns / renewals are liable to fines.
Use HKALL to search for books that are not available at PolyU Library. If a title is available for borrowing from another Hong Kong academic library, simply request the book online and have it delivered to PolyU Library for pick-up.
Get off-campus access to most databases and e-books through the Library website using your NetID and NetPassword.
Due date reminder, overdue, recall, reservation pick-up, and other Library notices will be emailed to your official PolyU email account by default.
Located on the 3/F and 4/F North Wing, the i-Space is an experiential learning space for students from all disciplines. The i-Space is equipped with digital facilities to help students develop a spirit of innovation.
Highlights of the digital facilities:
- The VR Experience Zone provides you with entry-level virtual reality (VR) head-mounted displays to experience 360˚ videos and other VR applications.
- The IoT Corner provides you with the tools, sensors, and mainboards to create intelligent Internet of Things (IoT) devices to capture data from the environment.
- 3D Scanners help you to capture real world object into digital model that can be used to construct 3D image in Virtual Reality.
- The Digtial Makerspace is installed with easy-to-use digital fabrication tools, including a laser cutter, a vinyl cutter, a large-format printer and 3D printers, to help you prototype your ideas.
24-Hour Study Centre (G/F) is equipped with project rooms and collaborative spaces for group work, as well as individual study spaces for quiet study. After Library opening hours, PolyU students and staff may enter the 24-Hour Study Centre via the Core E entrance.
Group Discussion Areas support discussion and collaboration within designated areas in the Library:
- G/F Group Study Zones & 4/F i-Space are furnished to support group study activities.
- 3/F Group Viewing Rooms & G/F Project Rooms are equipped with whiteboards & LED monitors to help students plan and prepare for presentations.
- The P/F Multipurpose Hall is an enclosed area for quiet discussion.
Current Awareness Centre, a comfortable lounge area located near the Library entrance, is designed to bring you easy access to new books, the latest issues of popular magazines and daily newspapers, and the PolyU Reads Collection for leisure reading.
LibCafé@PolyU is an ideal spot to take a break and refresh your mind while inside the Library. The LibCafé provides a lively and simulating atmosphere for social interaction and ideas exchange. An ample selection of food, beverage and snacks are served at a discount to staff and students.
Eligible to use Walk-in & Guest Public PCs at all floors, they are installed with popular software applications. You may also access to special software via Bookable PC on 3/F & 4/F North Wing, it is available for booking using the online iBooking system. For using computers in other area of the Library, Notebook PCs, MacBooks, iPad, iPad Pro with Pencils, and various computer accessories are available for loan at the self-service kiosk at 4/F i-Space.
Find black-and-white printers and photocopiers on every floor of the Library; some of the machines support colour printing and scanning. Access to thermal binder and lamination services is also available at the Technical Support Desk. Payment by Octopus card is accepted.
Look for the PolyUWLAN wifi network from the list of networks detected on your notebook or mobile device. Refer to the PolyU ITS website if you need help getting connected.
You can print directly from your personal notebook or mobile device once you are connected to the Library’s wifi network. Notebook/Mobile Printer Drivers (Android or iOS) are available on the Library website; simply install the driver on your devices.
If your mobile device is low on battery, drop by the Battery Recharging Station on P/F, 4/F and 5/F for a quick charge.
The starting place for research and study. Get tips and links to Library tools and resources to begin your research in any subject.
Learn how to make strategic and effective use of information resources by attending face-to-face workshops. Don’t forget to join a Library Tour to discover our new facilities and services, so that you can make the best use of them!
Have questions about using the Library’s resources and services? The Library can help you in the following ways:
Enquiry Counter (P/F)
Get instant assistance from our colleague in person or call us at 2766-6863.
WhatsApp Enquiry Service
Send us a WhatsApp at 6423-0820, and we will respond between 9am and 7pm (Monday to Saturday) and 12 noon to 7pm (Sunday) when the Library is open.
Send questions through the online form.