Skip to main content
Start main content
[alias] => about-us/library/regulations/food-drink-policy
Library Food & Drink Policy
- No food is allowed in the Library except inside the LibCafe@PolyU.
- Non-alcoholic drinks in spill-proof containers with secure lids are permitted in study areas of the Library. The secure lids on the containers should be kept closed when not in use.
- Spill-proof containers include containers with reclosable lid, sport bottles or disposable cups with lids. Containers considered unacceptable include cans of soft drinks, open cups, or glass bottles.
- Please be careful with the drinks when using electronic equipment and Library materials.
- Please dispose of any drink-related trash properly and immediately after consumption. Clean up any spills right away
- If you spill anything on the floor or electric sockets, please alert Library staff immediately.
- Users violating this policy may be asked to leave the Library.
- Unattended drinks in unacceptable containers as determined by the Library will be discarded.
- The Library reserves the right to determine what are acceptable drinks and containers, and may suspend the above guidelines for special Library events.