Pao Yue-kong Library is grateful for any gifts of books, journals, conference proceedings, reports, audio-visual materials, manuscripts and other print materials relevant to the Library’s Collection Development Policy from donors provided that there is no restriction to their handling and use. Materials authored by the University’s faculty and alumni or published by the University are most welcome to enrich the Library Collection. For cash or other donation in-kind to the University, please refer to Give Now of the Alumni Affairs and Development Office.
The Library generally
- Materials relevant to the University’s teaching and research needs
- Titles published in current three years for books (Rare books in English and Chinese will be considered)
- Titles published by PolyU or the HKSAR Government for journals
- Duplicate items already held by the Library
- Previous editions of reference works or textbooks
- Items in poor physical conditions
- Books whose contents are obsolete/outdated e.g. travel guides, computer programming
- Broken run of journal issues
- Computer application program or software
- Materials in a format no longer supported by current equipment in the Library, e.g. video laser discs, floppy disks, filmstrips
Drop off donations at the Library’s service counters
Drop-off donations will only be accepted if accompanied with completed donation form or donor’s contact information :
- Donation form
To keep record of the donation, follow up on donation acknowledgement and disposal of the items if they are not accepted, donors are recommended to fill in the donation form when giving the donated items to the Library.
- Donor’s contact information
If donor does not fill in the donation form, contact information such as email must be provided for the Library to further liaise with the donor if needed. The contact information will be not used for other purposes but solely for matters related to the donation.
Ownership of donated items
Once the donation is accepted, the Library is the sole owner of the donated item/s and can decide on the location, retention period and binding format of the item/s. The ownership cannot be reversed.
Donors are welcome to send in list of donated items for review before bringing them to the Library. For further enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 2766 6976.