The Digital Makerspace offers a book scanner with advanced image processing such as book image correction, auto-removal fingertips, multiple document detection and scanning thick books. It can also scan a 3D object into a 2D image from top-down view. Walk-ins are welcome, reservation via iBooking system is recommended.
Digital Makerspace, 4/F North Wing
The book scanner is a contactless scanner suitable for scanning books and documents.
|Scanning speed||1.5 seconds/per page|
|Scanning mode||96dpi to 600dpi|
|Max book thickness||
35mm (1.37 inch) for book size 420x297 mm
50mm (1.96 inch) for book size 271x195 mm
|Max document size||A3 (landscape)|
Eligible users: PolyU/CPCE students, faculty and staff.
- Walk-in Closed one hour before the library closing
- Two sessions starting at 10:00 am and 2:30 pm respectively are available for booking from Mondays to Sundays.
- The maximum duration of each session is three hours.
- A quota will be counted for no-show without making any cancellation. Please cancel your booking before the session begins.
- Borrowers are responsible for the loss and damage to the scanner.
The PC attached to the Book Scanner will erase all data, documents or scanned images after re-booting. Users have to save all their scanned images to their own flash disk or cloud storage.