The Digital Visualisation Room is equipped with a high performance computer and a high resolution Video Wall to facilitate visualisation of data with images and videos for research seminar and academic discussion, and to support collaborative learning activities through connecting your portable devices to project images, videos, and research data on multiple screens simultaneously.
i-Space, 4/F North Wing
2766-6870 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consist of nine 46-inch LED TV panels with ultra-high resolution (5760pixels x 3240pixels)
- Enable data visualisation on multiple screens accepting one to nine simultaneous inputs from mobile devices, laptop computers and other devices via wireless or wired connection
Computing & AV equipment
- Provide a high-performance computer to support VR and 3D image rendering
- Provide blu-ray player, and wireless microphones
- Accommodate up to 42 people
PolyU students, academic, research and administrative staff.
- The Data Visualization Room is designated to support research related activities.
- The Data Visualisation Room is available for booking from 9:00 am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays).
- A booking request form should be submitted at least 3 working days in advance.
- The Library will contact you within two working days in response to your request and might request additional information before approving and confirming the booking.
- Users are advised to schedule a testing session to ensure smooth equipment operation.
- Collect the iPad control panel of the Video Wall from the Technical Support Desk (4/F) 15 minutes before the booking session and return it to the counter after use
- Re-arrange furniture in the Room as needed and restore it after use
- What can users do with the Library’s Video Wall?
The Library’s Video Wall is a large-scale high resolution graphic visualization facility which supports up to nine individual and simultaneous inputs up to 5760 x 3240 pixels. It can be used for graphic visualization, graphic and/or data side-by-side comparison, presentation with crystal clear screen/desktop/mobile devices projection and etc. It supports both audio and video inputs from notebooks, Android and iOS devices. If you wish to connect other devices, please let us know in advance for testing.
- How to book the Digital Visualisation room?
Generally, bookings are required to be made at least 3 working days in advance in view of the preparation work needed for setting up the Video Wall and its software. Library staff will contact users to confirm bookings.
- Can users try out the Video Wall before booking?
Yes, please contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone at 2766-6870 to arrange a demonstration session on the features of the Video Wall. We strongly recommend users to schedule a testing session before using the Video Wall to make sure the equipment runs smoothly for individual usage scenarios.
- What video and image formats are supported by the Video Wall?
The Video Wall performs screen projection directly from users’ own devices. We recommend using high-resolution images and videos to avoid distortion and pixelation after projection to the Video Wall’s enlarged screen.