The Multimedia Production Studio is a self-service studio in support of multimedia contents creation such as 360 virtual tour and animated video.
The studio is equipped with a Live Animation System and a 17-point full body-motion tracker suit to puppet the motion of virtual character. The system can preview the motion of animated virtual character in real-time. The exported animated video can be embedded with Chormakey background which can be keyed with different elements.
Application Software includes:
- 3DVista Virtual Tour Pro
- 3DVista Stitcher
- Agisoft Metashape
- Open Broadcasting Software (OBS) Studio
- Live Animation System
L303f, Multimedia Commons (3/F North Wing)
Multimedia Production Studio
- Guides & tutorials for using the studio click here.
PolyU students, faculty and staff.
- Two sessions starting at 9:00 am and 2:00 pm respectively are available for booking Monday to Friday (except public holidays).
- The maximum duration of each session is four hours.
- Eligible user can have a maximum of 1 booking session per day.
- Booking can be made 3 days in advance on iBooking.
- User is required to check-in the booking at the Self-service Kiosk (3/F North Wing) 10 minutes within the booking session.
*First-time-user of Live Animation System is encouraged to book a consultation service before using the studio.
Points to Note
- No food or beverages are allowed in the studio.
- All equipment is for use inside the studio only.
- Never leave the equipment unattended or in an unlocked studio door.
- Equipment failure/damage/loss must be reported immediately to the Technical Support Desk. If it is determined that the damage or parts missing is due to misuse or negligence, the user will assume full financial responsibility for the costs of repair, labor, replacement parts, etc.
- Do not alter, disconnect, or change the cables, connections, wiring, or set-ups of the equipment in the studio without prior knowledge and approval.
- Before leaving the studio, user must make sure they have saved their media files in their own storage devices. Work, which is stored in the computer will be deleted immediately when the computer is turned off. There is no way for files to be recovered once they have been deleted.
- Library staff have the right to enter the studio for inspection during users’ reserved session when needed.