The One Button Studio is a self-service video production studio with a brand new service model to support you to actualise your creativity and help you to create digital content with just a few steps. Unlike traditional studio, the One Button Studio does not require special knowledge or expertise to operate.
The settings of the studio are user-friendly and ready to support product demonstration, speech rehearsal, small scale interview, etc.
Eligible users can reserve the One Button Studios in the iBooking System.
|3/F North Wing
One Button Studio
|One Button Studio 1 (L303g), One Button Studio 2 (L303f)||1 – 3 persons|
- PolyU staff and students enrolled on programmes leading to PolyU awards
- First-time users of the studio are encouraged to book office hours’ time slot to have better technical support.
- Technical support and consultation services are available during office hours only.
- Please bring a USB drive (Formatted in exFAT) for recording.
- Reservations can be made 7 days in advance starting from 8:30 AM.
- Duration of each booking session is 30 minutes.
- The maximum number of sessions that can be reserved:
User Group Maximum number of time sessions (including Booked, Claimed, Finished and No-show status)
- Undergraduate students
- General Grade staff
4 sessions per day, up to 12 sessions per week (Monday to Sunday)
- Postgraduate students
- Academic, Research & Administrative staff of equivalent status
4 sessions per day, up to 16 sessions per week (Monday to Sunday)
- Users can select multiple consecutive time sessions in one single reservation record.
- Users can reserve the current session of the facility only (if available) when they have used up their booking quota.
- Users can only reserve one facility for the same time session.
Check-in & Check-out
- All sessions in the same reservation record will be cancelled and released to other users if users do not check in the studio within 10 minutes after the booking session starts. The no-shows will still count towards the booking quota.
- Users are required to swipe their PolyU cards on the check-in reader outside the reserved studio.
- There is no need to swipe the card to check in again for the next consecutive session of the same studio.
- Users are encouraged to check out the studio after use by clicking the check-out button on My Booking Record page (iBooking System > My Booking Record) or swipe their PolyU cards at the on-site iBooking Kiosk.
- The use of studios shall comply with Library regulations. Users who violate the regulations will be subject to disciplinary action.
- No furniture or equipment should be removed from the studios.
- Users should not remove, modify or temper any set-up or any parts of the hardware and software facilities in the studios.
- Users must clear their personal belongings and leave the studios clean and tidy at the end of the loan period.
- Any unattended belongings will be removed after the reserved session so that the studio can be released to other users. The Library will not be responsible for any loss or damage to your personal belongings.
- The Library reserves the right to allocate any available studios to users, or remove studios from service as needed such as maintenance purposes and events./li>
- Technical Support Desk (4/F North Wing or Tel: 2766-6909)
- Click here details of the facilities, guides and tutorials for using the studio.