The Digital Makerspace offers a Virtual Reality (VR) Experience Zone for students gain immeasurably experience from the enhanced information delivery in three-dimensional and VR digital formats. With the goal of supporting digital participation approach to Digital Literacy, the users can gain hands-on experience to feel and use the VR technology.
You may also make a consultation appointment to have an introduction to the service
Digital Makerspace, 4/F North Wing
Facilities & Equipment
The VR Experience Zone offers a dedicated space installed with HTC Vive virtual reality motion tracking sensors. These sensors are placed in the corners of the experience zone. Users can put on a HTC Vive head mounted display to gain experience to feel and use VR technology. The following equipment are also available in the zone:
- Vive-compatible workstation for 3D real-time rendering
- HTC Vive Head Mounted Display (HDM)
- HTC Vive Controllers
- Samples VR contents from Steam
VR content can be displayed on a 55” multi-touch LED TV or the Video Wall housed in the Digital Visualisation Room
You can also try different type of VR tools below.
|Google Cardboard||VR-viewer Headset||360º Camera||Leap Motion|
Eligible users: PolyU/CPCE students, faculty and staff.
- Two sessions at 10:00am and 2:30pm respectively are available from Mondays to Fridays (except public holidays).
- The maximum duration of each session is 2 hours.
- Booking can be made 2 days in advance on iBooking.
- A quota will be counted for no-show without making any cancellation. Please cancel your booking before the session begins.
Points to Note
- Please stop using VR headset if you have motion sickness.
- Multiple people use the headset, please keep your face clean and free of makeup, sweat, oil, or dirt before and during use.
- Situate the headset securely on your head. Do not over tighten the headset to your head.
- Do your best to center the headset lenses in front of your eyes, this will improve your VR viewing experience.
- Set and customize your personal profile using the tools sets provided by the manufacturer.
- The HTC Vive and other online software may require you to log in with your personal account to use them. Please create these accounts before your scheduled VR experience session.