The studio is dedicated to support audio and video recording, creation of class materials for blended learning, recording interviews of faculty or students, speech rehearsal or thesis defense preparation, etc.
The studio setting is capable to support PowerPoint presentation on TV in front of a curtain backdrop, small group interview with curtain backdrop, interaction with video/graphics displayed at chroma key background, small-scale product video demonstrations in front of a solid backdrop, audio recording and still photography.
More examples on this video: Studio@i-Space, PolyU Library
L303g, i-Space, 3/F North Wing
- 4K video camcorder
- Professional LED and fluorescent lighting system
- Teleprompter for script display
- Wireless microphone system (omnidirectional pick-up pattern) for good quality sound reception
- Seamless chroma key green backdrop
- Solid color and velvet curtains backdrop
- LCD TV on movable stand for PowerPoint display
Photography Light Box
The light box has a backdrop inside attached at the top and falls down into a gentle curve at the back and across the bottom to create a cyclorama background. Therefore, multiple LED sources can evenly diffuse light on the object’s surface from different angles in the light box. You can capture the finest and high quality photos of the object in the light box with minimum glare and shadow.Specifications
- 3 sets LED sources
- 5500K colour temperature
- Backdrop sheet colour: black, white and green
- Size: L80 x W70 x H65cm
Suggested equipment and setting
- Use DSLR or Digital Compact camera with no flash
- Set to RAW format for more dynamic range for editing
- Use a tripod for long exposure
PolyU students and academic, research and administrative staff.Rules:
- Two sessions starting at 10:00 am and 2:30 pm respectively are available for booking from Monday to Friday (except public holidays).
- The maximum duration of each session is two hours.
- Booking of the studio should be made 2 working days beforehand and up to 30 working days advance booking on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Each eligible user can have a maximum of 2 booking sessions per week.
- A quota will be counted for no-show without making any cancellation before the session begins.
The studio technician will contact you to assess your filming requirement in order to confirm your booking and prepare the recording equipment and calibrate lighting devices before the filming session.
Please contact our studio technician to arrange a visit to the studio or filming session at email@example.com or 2766-7825.
- The studio technician will brief user on proper use of the studio equipment, and confirm the environment setting based on the user’s requirement collected from the pre-session communications.
- If users will operate any studio equipment on their own, they are required to acknowledge receipt of the equipment in good working order with no damages by signing the “Studio and Equipment Record Form”.
- Before leaving the studio, users must make sure they have saved their media files in their own storage devices. Any files will be deleted on a daily basis at the end of each session.
- If users have operated any studio equipment on their own, they must inspect the equipment with the studio technician to ensure that the equipment is intact and in good working order. They should allow 15 minutes for the procedure.
Points to Note
- No food or beverages are allowed in the studio.
- The studio is dedicated to the production of academic related projects only.
- All equipment is for use inside the studio only.
- Never leave the equipment unattended or in an unlocked studio door.
- Equipment failure/damage/loss must be reported immediately to the studio technician or the Multimedia Commons Counter. If it is determined that the damage or parts missing is due to misuse or negligence, the user will assume full financial responsibility for the costs of repair, labor, replacement parts, etc.
- Do not alter, disconnect, or change the cables, connections, wiring, or set-ups of the equipment in the studio without prior knowledge and approval of the studio technician.
- Do not attempt to alter the lighting system, including tuning, hanging, focusing of lights and wiring without supervision of the studio technician.
- Props with sharp blades or edges, flammable materials or liquid, toxic chemical, smoke or simulated fog in the studio is strictly prohibited.
- Before leaving the studio, users must make sure they have saved their media files in their own storage devices. Work, which is stored in the hard drive of the camera, video camcorder, audio recorder or any other recording devices, will be deleted on a daily basis at the end of each session. There is no way for files to be recovered once they have been deleted.
- Users are responsible for tidying up the studio when they are done, returning of equipment and furniture to their original or proper location, and the removal of trash, props, or other items that do not belong in the studio.
- Library staff have the right to enter the studio for inspection during users’ reserved session when needed.