Help us kick-start READ@PolyU 2019!
Send us your Common Book nominations for a new year of reading.
Now entering its eighth year, READ@PolyU rallies the whole campus to read a common book, and invites all PolyU students to participate in the Book Chat Sessions, book talks, and other fascinating activities designed to enhance the reading experience. What’s more, a free copy of the common book is gifted to full-time first-year undergraduate degree students (on a first come, first served basis) and any PolyU student who pre-registers for a Book Chat Group!
The Programme Committee will review all nominations before making the final selection.
To encourage participation, 50 copies of the selected Common Book will be given out in a lucky draw. PolyU students and staff who have submitted a nomination will be automatically enrolled into the lucky draw. Winners will be notified by email in April.
Submit your favourite book titles, along with the author’s name, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 Jaunary 2019 (Thursday). There is no limit to the number of book titles you can submit.
What we look for in a common book:
- The book will be in English, preferably less than 300 pages
- It should be engaging for the PolyU community (both Faculty and students)
- It should be accessible, not difficult to read
- It should appeal to students’ imagination, and should include some elements of exploration of and reflection on multi-cultural issues
- It should preferably have been adapted for film
- It should preferably have won international and critical acclaim
- Ideally, the author would be available to visit PolyU
Submit now and win a copy of the chosen book!
Learn more by visiting the READ@PolyU website.