READ@PolyU 2018/19: Another fun year of reading
Our reach in 2018
- About 2,000 students picked up a copy of the common book
- 875 first year students used the common book as a course text for the General University Requirement (GUR) course, APSS1L01 Tomorrow's Leaders
- 352 members of PolyU came out to the author talk, writing workshops, film screening, and other READ@PolyU events
- 242 student readers participated in the Book Chat Sessions facilitated by Staff and Student volunteers
- 77 Staff and Senior Students volunteered to facilitate the weekly Book Chat Groups
- 1,114 reads & 105 listens on the e-book and e-audiobook version of the common book
- Learn new soft skills (29%)
- Experience a positive start to university life (28%)
- Want to read more (20%)
- Make new friends (18%)
A special thank you to Programme Committee members, Staff Facilitators, Student Facilitators, APSS1L01 instructors, Coach House Books, Office of Counselling and Wellness, Animals Asia, English Language Centre teaching staff, and Library staff.
Our 2019 programme will be full of surprises. Stay tuned for another exciting year. Until then… happy reading!