|Available at : List of workstations within the Library (search "文淵閣四庫全書" and follow steps below)|
|On-campus Access Rights : A - PolyU Staff/Students/other eligible Library Card holders|
|Users can also download and install the database in their own PCs (see steps below).|
|Coverage : 1773-1782|
|Terms and Conditions|
The electronic version of the Sikuquanshu (Complete Library in Four Branches of Literature) compiled during the years 1773-1782. In the Sikuquanshu are important works pertaining to the five thousand years of Chinese civilization, including history, astronomy, geography, rules and regulations, politics, economics, society, science and technology, and philosophy. The works included in Sikuquanshu were classified according to the four recognized divisions of Chinese literature, namely, Classics (jing), History (shi), Philosophy (zi), Belles-lettres (ji). The Professional Version offers powerful searching functionalities, including full-text search.
How to access:
To access the database using a public workstation within the library:
- Check here to search for "文淵閣四庫全書". You will find the list of workstations with this database installed.
- After login the PC, click "Windows Logo" at the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
- Search for "文淵閣四庫全書電子版", and then click on《文淵閣四庫全書電子版》網.
To install the database and access using your own PC:
Follow the steps below to install the database within campus for the first time.
- Click here to download the client program.
- After installation, click "《文淵閣四庫全書電子版》網上版" and then click the button "IP登入".