|Available at : Online Access|
|Off-campus Access Rights : P - PolyU Staff/Students only
On-campus Access Rights : P - PolyU Staff/Students only
|SciFinder-n Quick Reference Guide | Online Guide & Tutorials|
|Terms and Conditions|
SciFinder-n, an upgraded version of SciFinder, is the most comprehensive database and tool for discovering chemical information. It is developed by Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS). The platform contains contents from journal articles to information on chemical structures, properties, and reactions. Users can search literature by topic, author, and search substances by name or CAS Registry Number, or drawing a chemical structure.
Existing users of SciFinder:
- You can use the same SciFinder ID and password to access SciFinder-n. Try clear cache of your browser if you encounter login issues.
New SciFinder-n users:
- Create an individual login account via this Registration link.
- Assign yourself a unique username and a suitable password. The host has strict requirements for the choices of usernames and passwords:
- Username: 5-15 characters; may contain only a combination of letters, numbers and at least one of these special characters: - . _ @.
- Password: 7-15 characters; must include at least 3 of the following: letters (a combination of upper and lowercase letters), numbers and non-alphanumeric characters such as @ # % *.
- During registration, you need to use a valid PolyU email address, i.e., an email address with .connect.polyu.hk or .polyu.edu.hk.
- A confirmation email will be sent to your account. The email includes an embedded confirmation link, which you must click to complete the registration process.
- After the registration, you can access SciFinder-n from the "Online Access" link on this page.
- SciFinder-n allows only one registration under the same email address. In other words, you cannot register multiple accounts and share with others.
- Please remember to log off after your search is completed.