|Available at : Online Access|
|Off-campus Access Rights : P - PolyU Students/Faculty/Staff only|
From 1 January 2012 onwards, PolyU students and staff members can access SciFinder only over the Web.
To use SciFinder Web:
- First of all, it is necessary to create an individual login account via this Registration link.
- Assign yourself a unique username and a suitable password. The host has strict requirements for the choices of usernames and passwords:
- Username: 5-15 characters; may contain only a combination of letters, numbers and at least one of these special characters: - . _ @.
- Password: 7-15 characters; must include at least 3 of the following: letters (a combination of upper and lowercase letters), numbers and non-alphanumeric characters such as @ # % *.
- During registration, you must supply a valid PolyU email address, i.e., an email address with .connect.polyu.hk or .polyu.edu.hk.
- A confirmation email will be sent to your account. The email includes an embedded confirmation link, which you must click to complete the registration process.
- After the registration, you can access SciFinder.
- SciFinder allows only one registration under the same email address. In other words, you cannot register multiple accounts and share with others.
- Four simultaneous users are supported. Please remember to log off after your search is completed.
Please note that usernames and passwords are confidential information for authorized users only and must not be disclosed to parties outside the University community.