Virtual MakerMindset@i-Space Programme – Online Workshops and Webinar
September 11, 2020
As affected by COVID-19 pandemic, our MakerMindset@i-Space Programme from September to November 2020 will be switched to online mode for the first time, with topics focusing on Internet of Thing (IoT) and tech culture.
Internet of Things (IoT) Online Workshops
Internet of Things (IoT) applications offer innovative solutions to improve efficiency on every aspect of our daily life. A good example is making automated responses to scenarios based on environmental data. The following IoT workshops are designed to help you learn the concept and create your own IoT application even if you do not have any programming experience or electronic knowledge.
Successful applicants will be given a set of IoT component for free ahead of time, when applicable. Our instructors will teach you how to configure and programme the IoT component during the online workshops.
- Real Time Weather Monitoring Station
- Programme on ESP32 board to control device’s input and output
- Make a small scale weather monitoring station integrated with ESP32, temperature and humidity sensor
Date: 23 Sep 2020 (Wed) 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Internet of Things, and its Sensors Simulation over TinkerCAD
- Programme on Arduino board with TinkerCAD simulator
- Handle sensor’s signal between cloud network and irrigation machine
Date: 22 Oct 2020 (Thu) 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- An Introduction to Internet of Things and Cloud Data Connection
- Programme on ESP32 MCU board to control device’s input and output
- Generate data from IoT device to aggregate and process data in Cloud service
Date: 4 Nov 2020 (Wed) 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Seats are limited, visit MakerMindset@i-Space to make your booking now!
Workshops and Webinar to get Prepared for the Virtual Reality Contest
With support from the Department of Electronic and Information Engineering (EIE), the Library’s Virtual Reality Contest aims to promote the awareness and creative use of virtual reality technology. We are organizing a series of online workshops and tech culture webinar for you to pick up essential skills to develop your own VR application.
- Tech Culture Webinar – Mixed Reality and Its Power in Arts & Culture Webinar (Online)
- Mixed Reality (MR) is one of the most innovative and creative tools for inspiration in Arts & Culture over the last decade. This webinar will introduce the concept of digital transformation and the latest practice in the industry in public and private sectors, as well as the development of intangible beliefs in our future society.
Speaker: Ms Liz Yeung, Founder of Artechgallery
Date: 13 Oct 2020 (Tue) 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- VR Workshop Series – 3D Modelling in SketchUp Online Workshops
- In the workshops, you will learn using SketchUp to create 3D model, adding colours and textures to customize models and applying useful shortcut, command and tips for repeated actions.
Beginner level: 8 Oct 2020 (Thu) 2:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Advanced level: 15 Oct 2020 (Thu) 2:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Registration coming soon! Grab the opportunities to learn more about VR production and take part in the VR Contest by submitting your creation by 8 Feb 2021 (Mon). Visit our MakerMindset@i-Space for more details.