Graduates who have successfully completed a course which has led to a PolyU, PolyU-SPEED, PolyU-HKCC award. Such an awardee holds an official certificate of graduation signed by the Chancellor, President and Academic Secretary / the President and Director of SPEED / the President and Director of HKCC as appropriate.
Holders of a valid Library card (Graduate) can enjoy borrowing services and access to selected Library e-resources. They can have physical access to the Library during its opening hours (see Important Notes below), excluding after-hours access to the 24-Hour Study Centre. They can use PCs available on a walk-in basis, excluding iBooking PCs located in 4/F i-Space. The list of selected e-resources and their access arrangement is subject to change by the Library without prior notice. For details, please refer to https://www.lib.polyu.edu.hk/databases/otherlibusers.
For details of user privileges, please refer to https://www.lib.polyu.edu.hk/user-privileges/alumni.
- The Library may implement blackout periods or reduce the level of services for holders of Library card (Graduate) under special circumstances arising from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Access to the campus, including the Library, is subject to University’s campus access arrangements as well as special requirement in the context of the evolving COVID-19 pandemic. Starting from 24 February 2022, all persons must comply with the University’s requirements for the “Vaccine Pass Arrangement”. Please refer to this webpage for details.
- The Library is currently under major renovation until the 4th quarter of 2023. While it will strive to maintain regular services as far as possible, noise and dust are inevitable in selected study areas, and facilities and services might be suspended at different stages during the works period.
|Annual Fee (HK$)|
|Holders of BEA PolyU Graduate VISA Card or FHKPUAA Federation Card #||750|
|Non-holders of BEA PolyU Graduate VISA Card and FHKPUAA Federation Card||1,000|
# A valid BEA PolyU Graduate VISA Card or FHKPUAA Federation Card with the cardholder’s name identical to the application form must be presented. Eligibility of the BEA PolyU Graduate VISA Card and/or FHKPUAA Federation Card does not guarantee eligibility of a Library Card (Graduate).
Terms and Conditions
- All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- New application or renewal of Library card will be processed only when the applicant’s graduate status is verified, and all outstanding fees and charges under the applicant’s Library account(s) are paid. Application will be rejected for failure in verifying the graduate status or any default in payment.
- Renewal will only be processed as early as one month before the card expires.
- Use of the Library is restricted to non-commercial purposes only, i.e. for private study or personal research.
- Library card holders must abide by Library Regulations (https://www.lib.polyu.edu.hk/about-us/library/library-regulations).
- Library cards are not transferable, while Library log-in accounts must not be shared with others.
- The Library reserves the right not to offer or terminate Library services to any individual based on his/her conduct or past conduct in the Library.
- Holders of valid Library card (Graduate) can enjoy borrowing services and access to selected Library e-resources. They can also have physical access to the Library during its opening hours, excluding after-hours access to the 24-Hour Study Centre. The list of selected e-resources and their access arrangement is subject to change by the Library without prior notice. For details, please refer to https://www.lib.polyu.edu.hk/databases/otherlibusers.
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University reserves the right to revise the above arrangement whenever it deems necessary and appropriate.
- Graduates of 2011 and onwards with PolyU award: Your Alumni NetID is your Student ID. You are NOT required to register again.
- Graduates before 2011 or HKCC/SPEED graduates: Please register at: https://idportal.polyu.edu.hk/registration/screen-anad
- For assistance and questions with Alumni NetID, please contact the Alumni Affairs and Development Office at (852) 2766 4102 / email@example.com. Or click https://idportal.polyu.edu.hk/ to reset or change your NetPassword.