To support discussion or presentation preparation in groups, 5 group viewing rooms are provided in the 3/F Multimedia Commons. They can be reserved in advance on iBooking System.
Capacity and equipment provided:
|Room No.||Capacity||LED monitor
(with HDMI input)
|L303b||3 - 6 persons|| (43-inch)|||
|L303c||3 - 6 persons|| (43-inch)|||
|L303d||3 - 6 persons|| (43-inch)|||
|L303k||3 - 6 persons|| (43-inch)|||
|L303m||3 - 10 persons|| (37-inch)|||
Who can book? PolyU/CPCE students and staff, except students leading to no award.
How to book? Login in with your NetID and NetPassword in iBooking System and select your preferred room and session.
How advance can be the booking? One day in advance, starting from 8:30am on the day before.
Quota: 1 advance booking per day. Users can continue to book the current session, if available, even after exceeding quota. (Note: Users can only book one facility for the same time session.)
How to check in? Check-in is not required. The room can be used by all users for group discussion but priority will be given to the eligible users who have reserved for the current session.
Renewal: To renew your booking or continue to use the room after the current session, users can reserve the current group viewing room, if available, within 20 minutes before the current session expires. There is no need to swipe the card to check in again once the reservation for the next session is accepted.
How to check out? Users are encouraged to check out the room after use by swiping their smart cards on the check-out card readers available on the pillars outside the rooms.
Duration of Sessions:
|Revision & Examination Period||Mon-Sun||
- Users should use their own account to make bookings. Using others’ accounts or lending your account to others to make bookings is strictly prohibited. Offenders are subject to disciplinary action.
- The same user cannot book the same room again for the same booking session after they check out, they cancel their booking or their booking expires.
- The group viewing rooms are expected to be used by the users who have registered for the loan. The loans of the rooms are not transferable.
- No food and drinks are allowed in the group viewing rooms.
- No furniture or equipment should be removed from the group viewing rooms.
- Users should check out audiovisual materials at the counter before using them in the rooms. They should not use their own audiovisual materials or electrical appliances (except notebook computers) in the group viewing rooms.
- Users must clear their personal belongings and leave the group viewing rooms clean and tidy at the end of the loan period.
- After the reserved session is over, any unattended belongings will be removed so that the room can be ready for other users. The Library will not be responsible for any loss or damage.
- Users are not allowed to use their own audiovisual materials in the group viewing rooms unless with prior consent from Multimedia Commons counter staff.
- Users should not remove, modify or temper any set-up or any parts of the hardware and software facilities in the group viewing rooms.
- When encountering any malfunctioning of audiovisual facilities, users should report immediately to the Multimedia Commons counter.
- Users should also observe other Library Regulations. Any violations may result in termination of group viewing room privileges.
- The Library cannot guarantee the security of your personal belongings, and will not be responsible for items lost or stolen from the group viewing rooms.
- The Library reserves the right to allocate any available group viewing rooms to users, or remove rooms from service as needed (for maintenance purposes, projects, etc.)