HKALL service is for requesting books which the PolyU Library does not possess or when all its copies are out, but have the status "Available" in other UGC funded University Libraries. *
* Not all books with the status "Available" in other UGC funded University Libraries are open for HKALL request service.
Why it shows “HKALL request not available”?
- The items is available for loan at PolyU Library
- The item is in a non-loanable location at its home library (Reserve, Special Collections, etc.)
- The item is in a non-loanable format (DVD, CD, serials, etc.)
- Borrower is not eligible for HKALL service
- Borrower has reached quota limit for HKALL loans and holds
- Borrower’s account is blocked
Staff and students on all programmes leading to PolyU awards are eligible to use HKALL.
External users (e.g. graduates, special borrowers, JULAC users from other libraries, retirees, etc.) and extension students who are non-PolyU-awardees are excluded.
- The maximum is 30 items for Academic / Academic equivalent staff and 15 items for other eligible users. The quota includes both loans and holds at any one time.
Loan periods and recalls
- Academic / Academic equivalent staff can borrow 30 books and postgraduate students 15 books for 30 days, subject to recall after 15 days. The revised due date will be emailed to Outlook (for staff) and PolyU Connect (for students).
- General grade staff and undergraduate students can borrow 15 books for 15 days.
- All HKALL books can be renewed, if no user has requested the item. Any overdue fine will be recorded automatically.
- Fines for overdue HKALL books are charged at the same rate as fines for PolyU books.
Loss and Damage
- Borrowers shall be held responsible for any loss or damage of the HKALL books and abide by the penalty policies of the lending libraries.
Borrowing and Returning
- Check out and return HKALL books at the Loan & Return Counter of the PolyU Library.
You may submit the request by clicking the "HKALL Request" link/button after signing in with your NetID and NetPassword.
- Search HKALL and select the title.
- If copies with the status "Available" are found, click "SIGN IN" on the top right corner of the screen or under "Get It"
- Follow the on-screen instruction to sign in your library account.
- Click "HKALL Request" under "Get It".
- Click "REQUEST" to confirm.
- Wait for email notification.
- For assistance, please ask at the PolyU Library Enquiry Counter or call 2766-6863.