Learning Lab 1, Learning Lab 2 and Seminar Room located at 3/F South Wing of the University Library are mainly open for walk-in use by students for individual quiet study if these rooms are not reserved. Library workshops and events will be conducted in these rooms at scheduled time only. PolyU academic, research and equivalent administrative staff (excluding CPCE staff) can also reserve these three rooms in advance for non-regular teaching and learning activities.
Facilities/Equipment in Learning Labs and Seminar Room
|Learning Lab 1 (up to 32 persons *)|
|Learning Lab 2 (up to 14 persons *)|
|Seminar Room (up to 16 persons) #|
* Due to COVID-19 pandemic, Learning Labs and Seminar Room can only provide around two thirds of their normal seating capacity.
# Library staff may access the Seminar room for urgent request if the room is occupied by events.
Eligibility for the Room Reservation
PolyU academic, research and equivalent administrative staff (excluding CPCE staff) only
Period & Duration for Reservation
- Monday to Friday (except public holidays) from 9am to 5pm, excluding Library Revision and Examination Period.
- Each booking session is up to a maximum of 4 hours.
- Eligible staff may hold one booking session at a time.
Room Booking Procedure
- Booking of rooms should be made at least 3 working days and up to 14 days in advance.
- Applicants are required to complete an e-form.
- The Library will send an email confirmation to the applicant if the room booking is approved.
- Cancellation of the room booking should be made to the Library by email at least two working days before the date of booking.
- For enquiries, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Notes for Users
- The rooms should only be used for seminars and talks relevant to teaching and learning. Regular classes should be conducted in University classrooms.
- All bookings are subject to room availability and will be based on a first-come-first-served basis.
- All attendees must be PolyU staff or students. If there is external speaker, visitor registration for campus access must be arranged by the applicant.
- The use of rooms shall comply with Library regulations.
- No food and drinks are allowed in the rooms.
- Event functions shall not cause disturbance and/or disruptions to other Library users.
- Briefing on the use of AV equipment in the room is available during office hours upon request. Please contact email@example.com for the arrangement.
- Users should not use their own electrical appliances (except notebook computers) in the rooms.
- Users should not move the furniture, as well as remove, modify or temper any setup or any parts of the hardware and software facilities in the rooms.
- Please clear all personal belongings and leave the rooms clean and tidy after use. Any unattended belongings will be removed. The Library will not be responsible for any loss or damage.
- The Library reserves the right to decline the room booking application or revoke the room booking at any time as needed, e.g. during revision and examination period, for maintenance purposes, etc.
Procedure to check in & check out the room
- Room requesters arrive at least 10 minutes in advance. Check in the reserved room and collect a cabinet key in person at the Loan & Return Counter (Library Podium Floor) with the following documents:
a. Email acknowledgement on room booking issued by the Library
b. Staff card
- Enter the reserved room and open the cabinet at the instructor lectern with the key.
- Follow the steps in the instruction manual to switch on and off the equipment if needed.
- After using the room, please make sure the furniture and equipment are returned to original position and the room is kept in good condition for the next user.
- Return the cabinet key back to Loan & Return Counter to finish the checkout procedure.