Donation of Items
The Pao Yue-kong Library is grateful for any gifts of books, journals, conference proceedings, reports, audio-visual materials, manuscripts and other materials from donors provided that there is no restriction to their handling and use. Materials authored by the University’s faculty and alumni or published by the University are most welcome to enrich the University Collection.
The Library generally
- Materials relevant to the University’s teaching and research needs
- Items in good physical conditions
- Duplicate items already held by the Library
- Previous editions of reference works or textbooks
- Books whose contents are obsolete
- Broken run of journal issues
- Computer application program or software
- Materials in a format no longer supported by current equipment in the Library
e.g. 12" video laser discs, 5.25" floppy disks, filmstrips, phonorecords
The Library will decide on the location, retention period and binding format and reserves the right to exchange or dispose of the donated materials.
To make a donation, please send the donated items to the following address with the optional donation form. Gifts will be acknowledged by email or letter for donors who have completed and returned the donation form.
Gift & Exchange
5/F, Acquisitions Team
Pao Yue-kong Library
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Hung Hom, Hong Kong
Donors may arrange to have their donation evaluated before bringing them to the Library. Please contact Josephine Lee at 2766-6900 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further enquiries.