- Collection Development Model
- Library Management Team (LMT)
- Collection Development Working Team (CDWT)
- Selection/Liaison Team
- Functional Chart
- To discuss and report to the Library Management Team on policies and procedures related to collection development.
- To assess, evaluate, review, approve and prioritize new purchases.
- To determine cancellations and/or withdrawal/relegation.
- To ensure integration of print and digital resources to support the University teaching and research.
- To implement collection development programmes and evaluation projects.
Library Management Team (LMT)
LMT reviews and endorses collection development policies and procedures proposed by the Collection Development Working Team.
Collection Development Working Team (CDWT)
Reporting to LMT, and co-chaired by the Associate Librarian (Collections & Scholarly Communication) and the Section Head (Collection Development), the Collection Development Working Team implements collection development and management activities. The Team meets monthly to discuss collection development and management issues, to review/enhance policies and procedures, to evaluate and approve new subscriptions or cancellations, to determine collection goals for various areas of the collection, and to implement the programmes/projects for collection development.
Associate Librarian (Collections & Scholarly Communication)
Section Head (Collection Development)
All Faculty/School Librarians
Assistant Librarian (Acquisitions)
Executive Officer (University Librarian Office)
i) Each Faculty/School Librarian will serve as team leader in a Selection/Liaison Team comprising other library professional staff. The Team is responsible for all aspects of collection development in subject areas relevant to his/her faculty or school.
- Faculty/School Librarian (Team Leader)
- Section Head (Collection Development) overseeing Chinese materials
- Assistant Librarian (Acquisitions) overseeing e-resources
- Other library professional staff complementing selection of materials on various subjects