- Collection Development Model
- Library Management Team (LMT)
- Collection Development Working Team (CDWT)
- Selection/Liaison Team
- Functional Chart
- To facilitate and enhance the use of the Library collections by understanding and meeting the information needs of PolyU students, faculty and research members.
- To ensure better integration of print and digital resources to support the University curriculum and research.
- To actively engage stakeholders in collection development.
Library Management Team (LMT)
LMT reviews and endorses collection development policies and procedures proposed by the Collection Development Working Team.
Collection Development Working Team (CDWT)
Reporting to LMT, and co-chaired by the Associate Librarian (Collections & Scholarly Communication) and the Section Head (Collection Development), the Collection Development Working Team implements collection development and management activities. The Team meets monthly to discuss collection development and management issues, to review/enhance policies and procedures, to discuss and approve new subscriptions or cancellations, to determine collection goals for various areas of the collection, and to conduct the programmes/projects for collection development.
- Associate Libraian (Collections & Scholarly Communication) (Co-Chair)
- Section Head (Collection Development) (Co-Chair)
- Section Head (Information Services) / Faculty Librarian (SD)
- 9 Faculty Librarians
- Assistant Librarian (Acquisitions)
- Assistant Librarian (Media Services)
- Other members where appropriate
i) Each Faculty Librarian will serve as team leader in a Selection/Liaison Team comprising other professional staff. The Team is responsible for all aspects of collection development in subject areas relevant to his/her faculty or schools.
- Faculty Librarian (Team Leader)
- Assistant Librarian (Media Services) overseeing media resources
- Section Head (Collection Development) overseeing Chinese materials
- Assistant Librarian (Acquisitions) overseeing e-resources
- Other Library professional staff complementing selection of materials on various subjects