You need to enter a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to identify yourself with the Library System before using the following online library services. The PIN can be up to 8 alphanumeric characters.
- View your Circulation Record
- Book Renewal
- Book Request
- Book Recommendation
- Interlibrary Loan Request
- PolyU Institutional Repository Online Submission
- iBooking System
Frequently asked questions:
- Setting up your PIN for the first time
- What if you forget your PIN
- How to modify your PIN
- How to avoid trivial PIN
1. Setting up your PIN for the first time [Top]
1) Go to myRecord on the orange menu bar.
2) If you are identifying yourself with the Library System for the first time, you will be prompted to enter a new PIN.
3) Create your own PIN as you like with not more than 8 alphanumeric characters
4) After you press "SUBMIT", you will be able to see your library record or access library's on-line service.
2. What if you forget your PIN [Top]
- Go to the Circulation Counter on Podium Floor in person
- Show your University ID Card and ask the library staff to delete your old PIN for you.
- Recreate your PIN as if you are setting it up for the first time (see Setting up your PIN for the first time)
3. How to modify your PIN [Top]
- Click "Modify your PIN" button
- Enter your PIN
- Enter your NEW PIN
- Confirm by retype your NEW PIN
You can change your PIN by choosing "Modify your PIN" when you view your circulation record.
4. How to avoid trivial PIN [Top]
- a character that is repeated 3 or more times (aaa, aaaa...).
- a set of 2, 3, or 4 characters repeated 2 or more times (abab, abcabc, abcdabcd...).
- The system will block the user and return an error message if there are more than five attempts to log in with the same barcode for a period of one minute.
The system will prevent the creation of trivial PINs; a PIN is considered trivial if it contains: