Taking the OPAC (Library Catalogue) beyond the desktop browser.
AirPAC is an OPAC designed especially for handheld devices, such as iPhone or Android phone. Whether users need to search the catalogue from a mobile device with Internet access, AirPAC is the answer.
AirPAC delivers functions like:
- search the wireless Library catalogue with advanced searching, limiting and sorting of results and displaying of holdings
- retrieve book information including location, call number, and real time data about status and availability
- view your own circulation records
- place a hold, check due dates of your loans and renew items
Experience AirPAC on your handheld device: http://m.library.polyu.edu.hk
- Enter http://m.library.polyu.edu.hk on your iPhone
- Save the icon onto your iPhone's home screen by clicking “+”
and “Add to Home Screen”
FAQs for Using AirPAC
|1.||What mobile devices can AirPAC support?
Any handheld devices, PDAs or mobile phones, that are accessible to the internet.
|2.||My mobile device is internet ready.Why can't I view the Library HomePage properly? Why must I access AirPAC with its own URL?
AirPAC is designed to fit the s3creen of your mobile device (http://m.library.polyu.edu.hk/airpac).
|3.||How can I use AirPAC service via mobile devices?
Two components are required: Internet ready mobile device and Internet ready connection path.
|4.||How do I know if my mobile device is internet ready or not?
You should check with the manufacturer of your mobile device or your telecommunication company.
|5.||If my mobile device is internet ready, how do I set up the mobile device?
You should contact your telecommunication company to find out the setup procedures. Different telecommunication companies have different connection methods, procedures and prices.
|6.||Why can't Chinese characters be searched and displayed properly on AirPAC?
AirPAC uses Unicode encoding system in supporting Oriental languages. In order to ensure proper searching and displaying of CJK languages (Chinese, Japanese and Korean), your mobile browser must be Unicode supportive.