You need to enter a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to identify yourself with the Library System to use different online library services. With effect from 1 Jun 2013, for first-time users, the default PIN is the first 6 alphanumeric characters of your HKID/passport number.
Below please find two examples:
- For HKID Z123456(7), the default PIN is Z12345.
- For passport number XY12345678, the default PIN is XY1234. (Use only when you didn’t enter HKID at the time of registration.)
Please note that you should modify your PIN after the first login.
The Library PIN is required for the following online library services:
- View your Circulation Record
- Book Renewal
- Book Request
- Book Recommendation
- Interlibrary Loan Request
- PolyU Institutional Repository Online Submission
- iBooking System
Frequently asked questions:
1. How to modify your PIN [Top]
- Click "Modify your PIN" button
- Enter your PIN
- Enter your NEW PIN
- Confirm by retype your NEW PIN
- Note: The PIN should be in no more than 8 alphanumeric characters, e.g. 1234abcd.
After logging in myRecord, you can change your PIN with the following steps:.
2. What if you forget your PIN [Top]
- Go to the Circulation Counter on Podium Floor in person
- Show your University ID Card and ask the library staff to delete your old PIN for you.
- Or reset your PIN online here.
- Your PIN will be changed back to the default, which is the first 6 alphanumeric characters of your HKID/passport number.
3. How to avoid trivial PIN [Top]
- a character that is repeated 3 or more times (aaa, aaaa...).
- a set of 2, 3, or 4 characters repeated 2 or more times (abab, abcabc, abcdabcd...).
- The system will block the user and return an error message if there are more than five attempts to log in with the same barcode for a period of one minute.
The system will prevent the creation of trivial PINs; a PIN is considered trivial if it contains: